Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set a trigger to start and a trigger to stop sampling in ChipScope Pro Analyze

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to set a trigger to srart and a trigger to stop sampling in ChipScope Pro Analyze

Hello,

I am using ISE14.7 targeting a Virtex-5 FPGA and I would like to configure ChipScope Pro Analyzer to start sampling data with with rising edge of a signal and stop sampling data with rising edge of another signal. I have a screen shot of ChipScop Pro Core Inserter in the following. I think I have to define two trigger points, one for start sampling and one for stop sampling data, but I do not know how to set their Match Type parameter in the ChipScope Pro Core Inserter??

Kind replies and helps are cordially appreciated.

Regards,
chipscope.png

Re: How to set a trigger to srart and a trigger to stop sampling in ChipScope Pro Ana

normally, you would stop sampling automatically after enough data is collected. I don't recall if there is any way to stop chipscope early from the UI.

The trigger units can be used to determine the start of data collection. You normally only have one. However, you can include multiple if you need to trigger in complex cases. The match type determines what you can trigger on. For example, x=1, x has changed to 1. etc... Normally you should choose the minimum match type functions required for your testing.

The capture units determine, after the trigger, what data to collect. You can either capture every cycle after a trigger, until the buffer depth is full, or you can select specific cycles. For example, you might have a video system and might only care about conditions at the end of a frame of video.

Re: How to set a trigger to srart and a trigger to stop sampling in ChipScope Pro Ana

I think I have to define two trigger points, one for start sampling and one for stop sampling data
No. The most simple trigger setup uses a single trigger condition which stops data recording, showing a data window according to the defined trigger position. Quite similar to the operation of a digital storage oscilloscope.

No. The most simple trigger setup uses a single trigger condition which stops data recording, showing a data window according to the defined trigger position. Quite similar to the operation of a digital storage oscilloscope.

Thanks @FvM for your kind reply. Regarding your message "according to the defined trigger position" can you please let me know how to set it up in ChipScopePro ??

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back