Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can we use latch to build a counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlblue

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have an idea, i want to build a counter with cmos latch(two inverter back-to-back connected), not with D flip--flop, may i?

but i got the bad results, it did not work.

can anyone give me some advice? can this be realizable?

There are special design methodologies for sequential asynchronous circuits. Following these methods, it can be possible.

You only mentioned a bare idea instead of giving a logic circuit. Thus we can't see how your design fails.

There are special design methodologies for sequential asynchronous circuits. Following these methods, it can be possible.

You only mentioned a bare idea instead of giving a logic circuit. Thus we can't see how your design fails.

in D-flip-flop method, div-by-2 circuit is built easily, that is the basic cll of a counter, but with cmos latch method, because it is level-sensitive, not edge-sensitive, so, div-by-2 circuit is difficult to build using only cmos latch(two inverter back-to-back, only half of a D-flip-flop).

is there some way to build a div-by-2 circuit using only cmos latch?
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back