Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MMIC Marchand Balun Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

tec5c

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am trying to design a Marchand balun (20GHz - 40GHz) using AWR Microwave Office. The process (PDK) that I am using is IHP 0.25um SiGe BiCMOS.

My simple design is close to the required specifications though S11 is not matched for the center frequency (30GHz), it is currently matched for 38GHz. Also, the phase balance is around 4 degrees, when I require it to be at 2 degrees. The low frequency end performance is quite poor too, though I assume this is due to the design being matched at 38GHz instead of 30GHz.

My questions are, what characteristics of the microstrips effect these parameters (S11 mainly)? The best results I have obtained so far have been with using tightly edge coupled lines.

Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back