Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spartan- 3an xc3s700an I/O PINS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mv09021991

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone have a Idea about how to use differential pair connector in spartan3an?
I am aware about how to make .ucf file. but i am not able to get how to use TXN_0 and TXP_0 in .ucf as i have only the single bit to transmit. but here two pins for single bit is given.

here is the location for differential transmitter/Receiver.
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/7251972800_1397583404.png

You should use:

IBUFDS -- differential input buffer, single bit output
IBUFDS_DIFFOUT -- differential input buffer, both bit and inverse out (used when you need two IDELAY elements)
IOBUFDS -- differential input/output buffer
OBUFDS -- differential output buffer
IBUFGDS -- differential input buffer connected to a global clock network (BUFG or etc...)

For Spartan3an, I have received data through Rx differential pair.
but how can i see this one bit data in user defined LED's.

Can anyone tell me about how to route the data from one location to other lacation inside the spartan3an?

Thanks.

Post 2 already told you to use an IBUFDS as the differential RX input. Go look it up in the Spartan 6 libraries guide.

I and IB are from the pins and O goes into the FPGA fabric.

As already pointed out, you must have both pins in your top entity, and convert to/from a single ended signal by instantiating one of the buffers mentioned in post #2.

It is a bit different in the Altera world. There you can have a single-ended top port and tell the tools via constraints that it is a differential I/O. It is also possible to manually instantiate the differential buffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back