Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to bring up the slave interface port on a microblaze ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilineda

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking to design a axi system with the IP's on a VC707 board in vivado. the IPs are
1. Mblaze 2. central DMA 3. block memory generator

here i want to make Mblaze and central DMA as masters and rest of the things are slaves. In detail, central DMA should be a slave to Mblaze in one side and Mblaze should be a slave to central DMA on other side.

but inorder to happen this, mblaze should have a slave interface port. how to bring that ??

Correct me, if I am totally wrong.

Mblaze is a master not a slave. The DMA can be a master for doing memory to memory transfers it is only a slave for the control interface. If you need to have the DMA transfer data to memory that the Mblaze has exclusive access to, you would use a shared memory for that, so both Mblaze and DMA are masters.

If you need to have the DMA transfer data to memory that the Mblaze has exclusive access to, you would use a shared memory for that,

shared memory : u mean , should i bring a separate "block memory" which should be a slave to both mblaze and cdma.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back