Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900/800 make a call using EAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0seete

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! I'm Jose from Spain and I'm new in this forum so I start with a few questions:

I'm going to start developing GSM/GPRS, I see some modules like SIM900 or SIM800H, I just want to make a simple call, not need to be a complete call, just a miss called(but in the future i will use http).

Are this module good for that task?

Another issue: I see that SIMcom modules can be programming using the embedded AT, I read a lot in this forum and now I know a bit how can I use this(i think so) and this is perfect, because we want the most little device we can, so using this API I don't need to use an external MCU, but as long as I read, I don't find anything like "make a call" using EAT API, it is imposible to do it?

Thx in advance!

PD: I'm new in this world, I have never programed a GSM module, even use it, so any kind of help will be accepted :grin:

I attach documents I'm reading:
View attachment SIM900 Eclipse environment install Application Note_V1.00.pdf
View attachment SIM900_Embedded AT Application Note_V1.02.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.