Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase speed of step motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Churne

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one I need help and guide for how to use step motor, I am very new. I want to use pic to control step motor and also increase the speed to maximum. I am using Mikroc

Please clarify the stepper motor size (current and voltage), the driver you are going to use, and the desired step size and speed.

Please clarify the stepper motor size (current and voltage), the driver you are going to use, and the desired step size and speed.
I am using SANYO 103H5208-1242, 1.8/STEP. I am going to use L298N as driver, for the the speed at least 5 rps . I don't know that am I possible to do this.

- - - Updated - - -

1-500x500.jpg This is the picture of the step motor that I am using.

It should be able to do 5 RPS or 300RPM. Next question. What are the hardware you are planning to use?

5 RPS it's ok, I am planning to use any PIC micro controller

Because you already have a driver, the problem is simple. How you are going to setup the driver? Have you already done that?

Interfacing-Bipolar-Stepper-Motor-with-8051-using-L293D.jpg yes I am using the procedure that shown in attached image. but I can get max speed. if I delay 5ms it's still very slow.

if I delay 5ms it's still very slow.
Own a pocket calculator? 5 ms delay = 200 Hz step rate = 1 rps for a 1.8degree step motor in full step operation.

=> 1 kHz step rate required for 5 rps. I guess the motor won't support 1 kHz start/stop frequency with 12V supply, most likely you need an acceleration ramp.

but actually what I see the motor move very slow

The delay determines the rotational speed; it is the time between the pulses and longer the delay, the slower the rotation. You try with these values: 2ms, 5ms and 10ms and see the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back