Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Insulating glove from tube amp building

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabahan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I saw in YouTube that some have wearing glove for safety issue to protect from electrical shock,it looks like linens,I had purchased few but are are thick rubber of leather glove which is mostly for high voltage main line installation use,can anyone recommend some brand for me that are comfortable and not so thick

Hi,

I recommend to switch OFF voltage before you touch the tubes.

* If you really need those gloves to protect from electrical shock then a assume you have to use the thick ones.

* But maybe - what you saw - are just (cheap, often white) cottom gloves. They prevent the tubes from dirt/mositure/oil....

Klaus

Most likely they were trying to protect their hands from dirt and grime and not really from high voltage. Simple linen gloves will not offer any significant protection from high voltages...

Well,I think the video is misleading me,Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.