Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FAT file system issue while reading the file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Brad,

Type ATTRIB and the filename.

Look for letters h,s,r,a.

I wrote ATTRIB kp.jc5
It replies: A I:\kp.jc5

The letter is A.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear ads-ee,

I am trying your suggestion and will update you in further short amount of time. Thanks for replying on my post.

Dear Brad,

I wrote ATTRIB kp.jc5
It replies: A I:\kp.jc5

The letter is A.

The A is for Attributes. It is followed by empty space, until the filepath name. This means none of its attributes are set.

The Microsoft website has a tutorial about using this command under Windows XP. It should work in a similar manner for your OS.

Dear Brad,

I found, no attribute is assigned to thos files.
So, do you mean , I should assign attribute and then use in my code? The text and xls files also does not have any attribute but they are working properly. Any changes in that?

Dear all,

I think I have resolved my issue. Thanks for being with me.

Special thanks to KlausST, Brad,FVM, ads-ee.

You all made my day. Thanks a lot. Be with me always. I dont want to loose you guys. Love you all.

Heartly Thanks.

Dear Brad,

I found, no attribute is assigned to thos files.
So, do you mean , I should assign attribute and then use in my code? The text and xls files also does not have any attribute but they are working properly. Any changes in that?

For normal use your files should not have any attributes set. Nevertheless we ought to be aware of such things, in case something gets changed inadvertently.

For instance, if you wonder if your file is invisible, or has the same name as an invisible file... You can see hidden files or system files, by typing the /a switch after the DIR command.

Well Thanks,

As ads-ee asked for the solution. The solution is as below:

Nothing to change , I just used LFN concept in my program.

Thanks all guys.

Special thanks to KlausST, Brad,FVM, ads-ee.

Be with me always.

Dear All,

I think I will need your help again. The thing is that, once pendrive is connected to my board, Immediately microcontroller should scan all files inside the pendrive and display all file names serially.

Please comment your suggestions. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back