Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VOL versus current change I2C bus SDA line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ku637

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I'm using a pressure sensor having I2C connectivity
**broken link removed**
I have seen the VOL value specified in datasheet for MPL3115A2 for SDA lines as VOLS = 0.1VDDIO specified for Io=500uA i.e 0.33V @ Io=500uA as Im using VDDIO 3.3V.

I have pull up resistors of 10kOhm connected.I want to analyse the variation in VOL value i.e close to my actual sink current 3.3/10k=0.33mA approximate.
Is it possible to estimate the VOL values at this current. ?

Or can i take it like Rds on of MOSFET =0.33/500uA=660 Ohm

and use it to calculate the VOL @ 0.33mA as 0.33mA x 660Ohm =0.2178V Will it be correct?
i.e i decreased current from stated 500uA to 330uA and VOL value decreased from 330mV to 217mV.

I hope this estimation is correct .
Any comments please.

Look at MOSFET output I/V curves, they have a square law characteristic with Vth and Idss as parameters. You can expect almost resistive behavior below 0.3 VDD, surely below 0.1 VDD.

Presume that the quoted Vol numbers are maximum values, typical are considerably lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back