Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OFDM with pilot and equalizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymawri

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like a matlab code for OFDM with pilot and different types of equalizers. I have a matlab code for OFDM without the equalization. I am having hard time incorporating the equalization into the OFDM.

Please advise

Equalization in OFDM with perfect subcarrier orthogonality is to done by multiply the received OFDM symbol by the inverse of a diagonal matrix that result from taking the FFT of the circular channel matrix. It's a one tap frequency domain equalizer. My guess is that your code performs it, but you don't realize it.

Hi David83,

Why for each subband of OFDM, we only need 1-tap equalizer ? only 1-tap ?

Conceptually, OFDM transforms a frequency selective channel into a number of frequency flat channels. In each subband k, the received signal can be written as

Yk=Hk*Xk+Wk

where Hk is the frequency response of the channel at frequency k, Xk is the transmitted symbol over frequency k, and Wk is the AWGN. So you need a one tap equalizer for each band, namely for subband k it's 1/Hk.

Reactions: c08ttc

c08ttc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back