Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Primetime set constraints problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

draser

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

i want to do a power analysis on the post-synthesis netlist of my design.

My main design inputs are connected with one of my sub-designs inputs(i.e. with the component's A inputs).
My main design outputs are connected with one of my sub-designs outputs(i.e. with the component's B inputs).

Here is the problem:

When i set constraints for my main design inputs these constraints do not apply to my component's A inputs .
Specifically i use the command set_drive value [all_inputs].

Same case with the outputs: When i set constraints for my main design outputs these constraints do not apply to my component's B outputs.
Specifically i use the command set_load value [all_outputs].

Any ideas why this may happen?As i see in my netlist vhdl code the inputs of my main design and the component's A and the outputs of my main design and the component's B are connected without any logic between them.

The problem is also that i can set these constraints only to the primary inputs/outputs of my design and not to the inputs/outputs of sub-designs...Is there any way to set these directly to the inputs/outputs of my sub-designs A and B ?

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back