Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get (MCFIL ) Coupler Microstrip With S11 = 0 and S21 =-10db

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarunoYoona

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i am designing using MCFIL component for microstrip sensor. but my S11 still 0.8 above approaching 1 . i am doing my final year project so i really really really need help here. Thanks in advance.

need some details of what type coupler you using, sche and etc in order to help..

basically i am using AWR software. in my design just have MCFIL, MLIN and ports. for type of sensor, parallel coupler. Thanks!

type of coupler means bi-directional coupler or directional coupler or other.. based on that, we need to check if you have followed design guidelines for that particular coupler.

can you provide ads schematic and results in picture here?

ads should have design example for couplers. did you cross check if you using simulation setup similar to that?

directional coupler.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

@HarunoYoona

Please post your schematics and images here in this thread, do not PM them to members directly.

BigDog

hi HarunoYoona,
i just saw message from bigdogguru. as he adviced, please post the schematic and s-parameter pics here. its real easy to post here.

1a.PNG1b.PNG

but my lecturer only want MCFIL component. MCFIL only have 2 ports. if MCLIN component yes it has 4 ports. :(
i am stuck.

can you ask this question to him why not MCLIN and why MCFIL? does he want you invent a novel coupler?

maybe because he only want 2 ports only. only s11 and s21. hmm. im not sure too. i will ask him later. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back