Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [HELP] Grounded Co-Planar Wave guide Port Excitation in HFSS ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kela3kela

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Members

I am trying to excite a simple patch antenna using Grounded Co-Planar Wave guide Structure (GCPW) by the techniques shown below in Fig.1.
I do so but receive the error of "Port 1 is assigned to an internal face".
Can someone kindly assist me in assigning wave guide port to the GCPW structure in HFSS simulator. I have included my design snaps as well for clarifications.

3.png

1.jpg

1.png

Awaiting your replies;
Regards

Last edited:

Hi kela3kela,

Comparing your two figures, it appears that your waveport is inside your vacuum box, which isn't allowed.

You can either:

a) change the wave port to a lumped port, in which case you need to know the characteristic impedance of the waveguide ahead of time, or
b) Let the structure and the wave port touch the outer vacuum box boundary by moving the vacuum box's negative-y face to the same plane as the port. The wave port will override a radiation boundary.

I generally would go with b.

@planarMatamaterials: Thnx for ur advise. I will also implement option (b) and see if this helps.

@planar: Thnx. Ur option helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back