Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

False paths and MCP handling in ATPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger01

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am aware of a similar post on edaboard with this question. However I am unable to continue that thread as it is closed. Here I am asking the similar question.

Will ATPG tool be able to generate patterns which simulate false paths and multi-cycle paths? I am sure false paths will not be accessible by any means. How do we account for this coverage loss? Should we manually exclude them from fault universe? How about MCPs? I believe sequential ATPG will be able to shoot through single cycled paths with non-scan cells. So seq ATPG will not be able to cover them.

Thanks,

Hello,

MCP is multicycle path during capture only as we are running shift at low speed. If we provide multiple cycles, it will detect the non scan flops in between 2 scan flops. It will detect MCPs also, Suppose we set sequential depth as 3, it will detect MCP with 3 cycles and also non scan flops which are in between scan flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back