Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BPSK Communication Systems in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherif123

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know where the BPSK is used in real life systems. I mean the coherent systems which are based on PSK.
I know some systems that are based on FSK and Differential-PSK. I don't want those which are based on OFDM with BPSK or QPSK sub-carriers.

Thanks

Do you mean non-differentially coded BPSK (binary)? The differentially-coded version is usually needed.
On the other hand, often QPSK or some of its variants is prefered because it has the same performance with double spectral efficiency.

Z

OK thanks
But where is the BPSK used in real systems? or QPSK.
Maybe my information is not very good. Cannot be BPSK or QPSK used without being differentially-coded nor being DPSK?

Last edited:

OK thanks
But where is the BPSK used in real systems? or QPSK.
Maybe my information is not very good. Cannot be BPSK or QPSK used without being differentially-coded nor being DPSK?

In GPS and more sattelite systems.

OK good.
Both satellite and GPS are sending data continuously not packets. Is there a BPSK/QPSK system working in packet mode (burst mode)?

GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) uses GMSK (Gaussian Minimum Shift Keying). This is (can be seen as) a variant of OQPSK (Offset QPSK) coherently detected.
Z

QPSK is used in HSDPA and HSDPA+. In actual the modulation scheme varies there from QPSK to 64QAM based on channel conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.