Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How To Read Data From AD7714

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop kr

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
For my data acquisition project i need to interface the external ADC AD7714 with my micro controller ATMEGA8A which is running in 16MHz. The ADC is running in 2.4576MHz. These two are interfaced by SPI protocol. i configured all the registers and when i am trying to read the data from the ADC and displays in LCD it shows always 255255255. I tried with different register values but still i am getting the above said one value. can anyone have any suggestion for this...please help..

Hi
I tried with that code also.But i didn't help me a lot.. Still the output is same.. what i have to do.. i am posting the code i had written...The SPI functions are defined in another header file.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the code and the SPI header file.

Attachments

• ATMEGA8+AD7714.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 87
  • SPI.txt
    606 bytes · Views: 86

Status
Not open for further replies.