Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Evaluate leakage field power in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbogle

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using CST Microwave Studio to simulate a thin square cavity resonator, one face of which has a grid of holes. I want to evaluate the amount of field leakage, to relate it to the hole size. This involves quantifying the power transfer through a plane, but at this stage I do not even know how to write out the field intensity values on a specified plane. I would be grateful for some pointers.

Thanks, Gib

Hi Gib,

The power flow should be the integral of the Poynting vector through the specified plane.
To do this in CST MWS, you should first define an analytical face (the face is just for analysis, and does not interfere with the model) at the plane you are interested in.
The power flow monitor should be activated prior to running the simulation.

When the simulation is complete, you should be able to evaluate field on face, in this case the integral of the power flow monitor.

Hope that helps!

Hi Gib,

The power flow should be the integral of the Poynting vector through the specified plane.
To do this in CST MWS, you should first define an analytical face (the face is just for analysis, and does not interfere with the model) at the plane you are interested in.
The power flow monitor should be activated prior to running the simulation.

When the simulation is complete, you should be able to evaluate field on face, in this case the integral of the power flow monitor.

Hope that helps!

Hi gyz, thanks for that poynter ;) Since I posted the query I discovered how to evaluate power flow. It's a bit hazy now, but I seem to recall that upgrading to the latest CST version clarified things.

Cheers, Gib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back