Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio amplifier noise and volume control

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandhuskumar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Attachments

• Stereo-amplifier-3W-3W-using-ic-BA5406.jpg
    Stereo-amplifier-3W-3W-using-ic-BA5406.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 123

when I remove the pin there is very loud noise.

I suppose this means when you disconnect all input? This allows any ambient electrical noise to reach pins 5 & 8. It can be mains hum, static from appliances, lights, etc. Maybe even radio interference.

You need to add high-ohm resistors from pins 5 & 8 directly to ground. A suitable value might be 100k to 1M. If you still get noise then try a lower ohm value. But do not make the value so low that it affects your audio signal.

The BA5404 has an unusual input circuit designed to make it 'coupling capacitor free' but it does need some input bias current. The schematic says BA5406 though so please clarify which you are using.

If it is a BA5406, adding resistors across the input sockets may help but I'm concerned when you say "I connected it to my phone" as that may be the cause of your problem, please explain how you have it connected.

Brian.

Your schematic shows a capacitor with a value of only 47uF feeding an 8 ohm speaker. Then it cuts all low frequencies below 426Hz. Do you like tinny sound with no bass?
Your schematic does not show a volume control. Add it to the schematic so we can show you how it messes up the input biasing without additional coupling capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.