Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to repair Fluke 96 ScopeMeter SeriesII

Status
Not open for further replies.

303monkey

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I picked up a Fluke 96 ScopeMeter SeriesII today that does not power up.
I opened the battery compartment to finf the battery had some leakage,but nothing too serious.
I put some Duracell batteries in it's place, still finding it still does not power up.

Is there a chance the carbon contacts onthe rubber soft keys are worn?

Does anyone have any experiance with repairing these meters or have a service manual for the 91/92/96/105 series.

battery had some leakage

Can you open the enclosure? Look to make sure wires are solidly connected to the battery holders. Look to make sure no pcb traces were etched away by caustic electrolytes.

Is there a chance the carbon contacts onthe rubber soft keys are worn?

When I have a remote control go bad, I take it apart and I often find it has acquired dirt, etc., on the most-used pads. Sometimes there is clear liquid under the membrane. I believe it is produced by breakdown of either plastic or rubber inside the remote. It inhibits proper operation.

Cleaning the works cures the problem for a few years. Don't apply too 'hot' a solvent or you destroy the material you're trying to clean.

I have had a problems with a newish TV remote control with similar buttons, every time I just wash the rubber/carbon buttons with a little bit of washing liquid and lukewarm water just using my fingers to softly rub the buttons. It works fine after that.

Careful not to rub the carbon off.

Status
Not open for further replies.