Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5.1 channel headphone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

puviarasu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
Iam interested in 5.1 channel sound system :) is it possible to simulate 5.1 channel sound on a 2 channel stereo head phone :wink: (By doing some signal processing on 5.1 channel audio data) or by physically positioning small micro speakers inside head set . Post your comments, possible designs, solutions here :D .

You have to lose a lot of data when you are converting 5.1 channel into 2 channel stereo. 5.1 Channel is more evenly divided on the frequencies with subwoofer outputs for very low frequencies < 150 Hz. I do not think that stereo has such provision.

Added after 4 minutes:

Try this hyperlink.....

**broken link removed**

Hi vamsi what i have asked for is the creating the 5.1 channel sound effect on a stereo speaker not just raw mixing the 5.1 channels to 2 channel, I asked for any signal processing algorithms (sound positioning algorithms) which will be useful for or can be used for mixing 5.1 channel output to 2 channel stereo headphone (not speaker).
The link is useless as there are N number of similar products are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back