Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am banned from adaboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu02

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are old accounts automatically removed?

I have been around here longer than most (including moderators). I used this place only as a resource to read up on other's questions, so mostly, was a lurker. Hardly ever logged in, but always read up the forum questions as a general rule. This helps keep up to date with whatever seems to be going on, as EDA is no longer my field of work anymore :( There is another bulletin board along with this one , and this just helps to stay in touch, and hopefully, not forget what I was trained for.

This place has grown incredibly from what it was when I had signed up.

I was just checking my account status, and some minutes later, it showed that I had been banned for life, without reason. I am assuming this was automated, cause I have not really done anything here.

Is there a chance it can be removed? Or is it mandatory to answer forum posts to remain a member?

Re: Are old accounts automatically removed?

Can you please tell me the account you refer to?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not aware of an automated ban in case of inactivity.
In addition the account you posted from is dated 2006 so it's probably the one you refer to and seems to work fine.

It was this very account, named "santu02". I have no other accounts. I was reading some thread, then went away for some time. After I returned, I tried to reply to a post. The following message popped up:

"This account has been banned for life.
Date the ban will be lifted:Never"

I was just checking my account status, and some minutes later, it showed that I had been banned for life, without reason. I am assuming this was automated, cause I have not really done anything here.
That happened to me too, only two days ago after my hard drive crashed.
Fitted a new drive, fired it all up and tried to post on here again.
Was told I was banned for life.....
That was rather a profound shock !

Logged on again, entered my original password, now back to normal and all is well.
Don't worry about it Santu02, your post is up and all is sweet.

I have found I need to checkmark the 'remember me' box when I log in, or I get booted off when I go away later and come back.

"This account has been banned for life.
Date the ban will be lifted:Never"
That happens to me a lot :cool:. When I read a thread and take my time to post, due to a "long time" inactive, they automatically log you off and show you that message: That you have been banned. Do not worry about that. Nevertheless, if I were a moderator, I would change that message to something more appropriate... like "Logged off due to inactivity or something like that.."

Take heart santu02, you are not alone. Apparently the session time out is set at a small value and it logs you off after a short time of inactivity. Some software has not been updated and it thinks that you are trying to log in multiple times which is frowned on very suspiciously. So it issues the only warning it has been taught since beginning- ban the fellow.

Banning has never solved any problem any where...

Hi all... looking into this.. If you get the message again and are able to screen shot it and tell me what URL you're on that will help.

-D

This appears to be a cookie problem. I just now deleted all my cookies and tried to post.

Screenshot from 2016-03-04 11:24:45.png

Just logged back in with password, and ticked "remember me" and here I am again.

The URL for this thread:

Last edited:

I would venture to say that this may not be a problem at all. Once the error occured whilst one were yet not logged in ( what mean, the guest user ), maybe the system is recognizing him as 'Guest',which is precisely the default user name of banned members. Anyway, it is awful receive information that was irreversibly banned.

Dear Admin,

I can sign in to edaboard but within few minutes i get a message that says i am banned by the forum without any reason for indefinite amount of time.
Is it some kind of bug or am i really banned for some reason?

Thank you

Last edited:

I just merged your thread to this one on which the subject was already discussed.
Please refer to the discussions above to see that it's just an issue with no effect in your account.

- - - Updated - - -

Proof of that it is that you were able to create this thread after that event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back