Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] sim900 problem with receiving sms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashidhar1990

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i am sending the sms to the sim800 module but it is reading it in hexadecimal format. so my controller is not understand what am i sending. so please tell me how to overcome this problem.

the response from sim800 when i send sms comes as fallow in hyperteminal.

+cmt:"number", "" , "16/03/12'' "time"
000ff000dd00aa100aa006f006d00650064

how to overcome this problem.

i am interfacing atmega32 to gsmsim800 module. when i send sms module should send it to the controller.

Your massage is coming in PDU mode.

AT+CMGF=1 To format SMS as a TEXT message
AT+CMGR=1 =>To read the first message
AT+CNMI=1,2,0,0,0 Set how the modem will response when a SMS is received

but the thing is when i send sms by sim800 sms goes properly . this problem exists only when receiving sms .

Your SMS sending device is sending massage in PDU mode.Try with #1. Benefit of PDU mode is that the massage takes small place rather than TEXT mode.

- - - Updated - - -

first set text mode and then read massage.

Sorry.... i want to say that see my #2 replay.

AT+CMGF=1 To format SMS as a TEXT message
AT+CMGR=1 =>To read the first message
AT+CNMI=1,2,0,0,0 Set how the modem will response when a SMS is received

i gave all commands to gsm that you told ,still it is receiving as hexadecimal format.

i would like to know what is the command to Read the GSM SIM 800 module settings . I would like to confirm the command i gave to set the module to Text Mode has been saved .
are there any other settings (initialization ) related to PDU mode as the Messages being Sent from the same GSM are recieved in Text Form in my Mobile.

Hi,

I think there is no settings other than text mode command AT+CMGF = 1.

Set this mode and try to power off & on the module, might it works...

@Read data sheet carefully, try to test needful commands then you can understand the
functionality.

hi , actually the code works fine with sim300. but problem is with only sim800.
at+cmgf=1 command i have sent to module from microcontroller got ok response from the module but still same problem is there.

Hi,

try to test needful commands with terminal, then you could work with code part.

I think there is no settings except text mode command....

hi ,

i solved the problem . the problem was my mobile sms settings(text messages ) input mode was in unicode mode. i changed it to gsm aplhabet/automatic it works fine now. the problem was not with gsm module .

Status
Not open for further replies.