Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in protel dxp : problems in generating Gerber file

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsy2004

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need helps with Protel DXP. How can i generate gerber file ? I used " fabrication output: gerber file", it would have the file with extension *.Cam. When i imported itwith gerber view, nothing. Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks.

help in P*otel dxp : problems in generating Gerber file

In the CAM file, go to export, and gerber files. Also, you should look i nte directory 'project outputs for xxx'... it usually generates gerbers in there automatically.

If you went to fabrication output, and selected Gerber files, filled out all the appropriate boxes, and checked tha appropriate boxes, you DID generate Gerber files.

If you are using DXP2004(SP1 or later), the files will be found in the project directory for your board in a sub directory called "Project Outputs for xxxxx", where xxxxx is the name of your project. If you are using an earlier version of DXP, the files will be in your documents directory - you'll have to hunt for them.

The .CAM file you think you see is just the default file extension that would be saved from CAMTASTIC. You apparently have CAMTASTIC set up to open automatically when you generate gerbers. This display is just for you to check - it doesn't change the gerber files you have in the directory I mentioned above.

Use your operating system browser, and you'll find that all the necessary files are there on your hard drive.

All of this is discussed under Help>Contents>PCB Fabrication and Assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back