Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shifted Resonant Frequency between HFSS simulation and PCB antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sir, the load I used is SMD LED and the output voltage I get from the output of the Multiplier. When I did experiment with the commercial board (P1110 from Powercast) the distance is over 6m and the output voltage is around 1.6V.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my setup and result Sir.

3m5.jpg
3m5setup.jpg

When I did experiment with the commercial board (P1110 from Powercast) the distance is over 6m and the output voltage is around 1.6V.
I guess without the 1k load resistor in your original schematic?

The multimeter cables should be connected through series resistors 1k - 5k at the rectifier, otherwise they'll act as unwanted antenna.

I measured the voltage at the output of load (LED and Resistor 2Ohm in serial- because the output current is so small) and in that distance the LED is still bright. In my understanding, Sir means I should meause the output voltage with series resistor 1k-5k at the rectifier to have the exactly result.
Thank you for your suggestion.

You still have reserve for further improvement: your antenna size. If you make your dipole full size and wide you will pick up few dB's comparing to what you have now. Do you have limitations on size of your PCB? If not make full length dipole and make it very wide like 1" or even 2" wide. Make it similar to antennas I showed you when we just started. Add to that all changes we discussed earlier. Can you do it? I am curious what your range will be then.
: )

- - - Updated - - -

Please post again schematic of your multiplier. I believe you did but now I do not see it somehow. Post here or send it to my Email.

I think I cannot have enough time to make it Sir. I need to spend time to make another things. Antenna and Multipliers just are the very first steps in my application.

This is my schematic of the multiplier.
EH 8 Stages.PNG

I measured the voltage at the output of load (LED and Resistor 2Ohm in serial- because the output current is so small) and in that distance the LED is still bright. In my understanding, Sir means I should measure the output voltage with series resistor 1k-5k at the rectifier to have the exactly result.

Firstly I tried to read sense into the results. 1.4V into 1k load would be considerably above expectable power. I see that you changed the load in your test.

Secondly I wanted to hint at possible cable effects with the multimeter connection. Series resistors for both cables can help to reduce it. Or check that the reading doesn't change when moving the cables and multimeter. It's possible better to place the meter behind the antenna with cables running perpendicular from the board.

1.I still kept the Load 1k and Capacitor in parallel at the load of Multipliers but I need to evaluate the current of output that means I used LED and Resistor in serial after DC_out in #65.
2.Thank you for your suggestion. I will check the multimeter and place it behind the antenna.

I place the multimeter behind the antenna and there are my results.

P_20160413_135705.jpg
P_20160413_135714.jpg

The output voltage is 1.33V.

My board connect to LED.
P_20160413_141644.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Two long wires, back and red will be connected to multimeter to measure output voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back