Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone help with finding this vintage capacitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisPappas

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help with finding this vintage capacitor?

Package: CK05
Size: .200" x .200" x .100"
WEST CAP in raised lettering on top
White is preferred, but any color would be okay if the package is identical

The capacitor¹s value is not important and it doesn't matter if it works, as long as the size matches with WEST CAP on the top. I

am doing a visual restoration.

I would be happy buying any number of these.

Thanks,

Chris

WEST CAP 220 10%.jpg

Can you do what the vintage restorers do and take the existing old cap, dremel out the insides and put a new cap inside then re pot. ?

It doesn't matter to me if they work. I just need more of what's shown.

If its a vintage, they may not be manufactured anymore, and the company may be gone.

Obviously you are hoping someone has got some lying around.

You can try a restorer, or find a similar vintage radio for parts, or ebay.

And there's flea markets and Sunday markets. I've also found some weird and wonderful 'junk' shops in the outer suburbs of Melbourne, run by electronic fanatics.

Last edited:

I take it that you are also asking on the vintage restoration groups? they can be googled.

There are west cap - caps around but mainly axial and all identified as "vintage" so I doubt that west cap exists any more.

How about getting some similar looking ones and printing on them yourself.

That vintage radio doesn't look very vintage. Is it restored ?

If you are serious about vintage restoration (working or not), there would be a way to print WEST CAP on the top of anything of that dimension.

If you truly want to restore a radio, then you must use original parts.

If you are restoring it to 'as original', then be creative. They can be works of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back