Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to un-selected device in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

For simulation, some times we do not want certain symbol/device on the schematic to simulate for this time, but later we will still need them. For this 1st time simulation, we have to remove it or bypass it, and then start to simulate.

Anyone knows that how to we un-selected the unwanted symbol/device to make sure that the simulator does not extract their netlist, but the symbol/device is still on the schematic? ADS and simulink has such comment/ uncomment function.

Thanks,
Shanw

You can try do add nlAction=ignore on each device you want to ignore.
Let me know if it works or not (not tested !).

I do not know how to use skill.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is not skill.
Open the property window of the desired device (key 'q)
Check the box in order to display extended properties
Add/create a new property with name : ntAction value: ignore

Thanks, gag2000.

It works, that's good.

If cadence has the function that we can disable several devices at the same time, that's even better.

You can select multiple objects, press 'Q' to get the properties, and adjust the drop down menus at the very top of the window to make the action apply to all the objects you've selected.

Hi BigBoss,

Why i did not find the ''select" item? Thanks.

My cadence is 6.15 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.