Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 30mV systematic offset - folded cascode

Status
Not open for further replies.

gujaratibhai

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

This is my second ever post here. I have been a lurker for quite some time and love coming here now and then.

Well I am struggling with a 2-stage amplifier design.

I am designing a 2-stage, nmos input pair folded cascode amplifier. I am happy with DC gain, GBW, quiescent current, etc except for the Systematic offset. And I do not know where it's coming from. I have Johns Martin book and read through the section on systematic offsets but no avail.

The second stage gain device is a 3V nmos and i even replaced with 1V nmos device. The systematic offset (30mV) didn't go away.

Can you help? Maybe there is obvious fact I am missing or maybe there is something subtle going on. Thanks a lot,

Regards
Gujarati bhai

Guys

My diff pair was asymmetric. Dumb dumb dumb.

Thanks,

I see SOLVED mark so I assume that You found difference dimensions of your input pair mosfets? You have also unbalanced output stage and first stage which can produce additional offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back