Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cost Trade-Off Tools for Electronic Components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrotechnik

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to best perform cost trade-off calculations and analysis for different electronic circuits. More specifically, I am wondering if anyone uses a specific template every time that you or your company decide to analyze the cost trade-off between electronic circuits.

For example, I had one coworker performing an analysis between full-wave and half-wave rectification. He just used an Excel spreadsheet that separated out the circuit functional blocks and the components associated with each one - and then analyzed how a change in the type of rectification would impact the cost.

I am looking for either an Excel tool, online tool, or resources that I can build off of to really make my own. I'm just not sure where to start.

Thanks for all of your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back