Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Monte-Carlo simulation in cadence- error

Status
Not open for further replies.

akchetana

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am working on an SRAM cell for which I have to perform monte-carlo simulation.
During MC simulation in ADEXL window, we found a pop up window with the following error messages after 10 min, while the 6T SRAM cell was run for 100ns for 2 samples. Please help in this matter.

[Error message

ADEXL-1921: failed to start new job after 3 attempts . Possible reasons could be

1. The macnie selected in the current job set up policy is not reachable

2. The cadence hierarchcy is not detectedd, not installed properly, or not compatible on the machine selected in the current job set up policy.

3. Job start script /home/student/chetna/.temp_student/.cmddir0/runICPR3 is not found in the remote machine.

Do you want to retry with the current set up? Selecting no will abort the current session. ]

However it is working when we try to simulate using .ocn script.
Thanks.

Did you try it once more? Perhaps just one of the farm machines wasn't accessible.

Thank you for your response.
Yes I have tried it many times. I have even tried for other corner analysis. It is not working for any analysis in ADE-XL.
However I have tried this using ocean script L, where I found it working. What would be wrong with ADE-XL ?
Thanks.

Check in logs of ade xl and vnc also. I assume that You don't run virtuoso on the only blessed by Cadence Linux distribution?

So I guess Ocean in command line mode don't need
no steenkin' ADEXL license. Which maybe you've got
one less of, than you need.

Or, license service lag is "unacceptable" and times
out. Maybe increase the timeout if you can, and
see what the license server has been doing when
it should've been making your sammich. How you'd
do this I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com