Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a 4593 IC?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapuia

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was looking at an ad for a 32x16 LED matrix board in which one of the images shows the back of the board and identifies the key components. This includes three different ICs - one 74HC245, several 74HC595 ICs and four "4593" chips. The first two are common but I'm not familiar with the 4593 and can't find a datasheet for it. It's an 8-pin chip and is tagged as a "row driving tube". Can anyone please enlighten me?

Hi,

Are you sure it is the device name? It could be the date code: WWYY.

Klaus

LED boards have usually PMOSFETs as row multiplexers.

Any recognizable vendor logos?
Can you take a focused picture of the device?

I haven't bought the board and the image on the ad is not big enough to show the markings on the chips directly. What I cited were notations made by the vendor. Here's the URL: https://tinyurl.com/hjn3oup - it's the third large image when you scroll down the page.

I finally got it. It seems the seller (or whoever provided the image) mixed up the two middle digits. It's 4953, not 4593. After a diligent search for likely candidates, I found a site that shows AMP4953 chips as row drivers. But even this guy still got it wrong. It's APM4953. Fairchild makes them as FDS4953. Others simply mark it as a 4953. You're right, FvM: it's a dual P-MOSFET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back