Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L293D Motor Runs at low Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I need a small help regarding L293D.
I am making a small project using L293D. Bo motor which hardly consumes 60ma at 5v.
i am powering my L293D using a step up circuit 3.7V to 5V from 3.7v li-ion battery.
output current from step up circuit is 200ma which is not a issue.
my problem is the motor voltage pin no 8 shows me 5.12v. when i drive my motor the voltage accross shows me only 3.00v... due to which the motor drives very slow.
can anybody please help why this happen....
Circuit diagram attahced...

Attachments

• STEPUP.GIF
    STEPUP.GIF
    47.6 KB · Views: 68

Battery - pin, Steup Circuit - pin, L293D GND pin and 8052 GND pin all should be connected to same GND.

Battery - pin, Steup Circuit - pin, L293D GND pin and 8052 GND pin all should be connected to same GND.

Thanks....
I have even checked that....
ground pins of all the components.... battery, stepup circuit, L293D, 89S52, are connected to same ground.... but then too i have having the same problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.