Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Part no of PIC18Fxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone ,

Can any one tell what does the part name of PIC18FxxKxx (ex: PIC18F45K20) specify???

Thank you in advance :)

Temperature Range I = -40°C to +85°C (Industrial)
E = -40°C to +125°C (Extended)

Package PT = TQFP (Thin Quad Flatpack)
SO = SOIC
SP = Skinny Plastic DIP
P = PDIP
ML = QFN

If you want to use small 10x10x1 size SMD TQFP. You will tell PIC18F45xx-i/pt part number.

- - - Updated - - -

for PIC18F45K20 - PIC18F45K20-i/pt

Thank you for sending this info.

I guess I asked wrong question , Actually I wanted to know what 18 ,F , 45 , K , 20 in PIC18F45K20 specify???

The PIC18 represents the broad family of devices. Alternatives are PIC12, PIC16, PIC24, dsPIC33, PIC32 and so on.
The F refines the family. Not so much for the PIC18 range, but the letters can represent technology used to implement the chips, voltage and power levels etc.
In general the other letters represent the specific device within the family. To be honest I don't know the specific interpretative of the K. However I would NOT try to use the name to select a part.
Also for other families, in particular the dsPIC33 and PIC24 devices, the first set of digits often represents the memory available and the 2nd set of digits the peripherals that are included but, again, this is often not "codified". For example, the dsPIC33EP5212MU814 (a device I've been using recently), the 512 represents the amount of the main FLASH memory.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.