Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] dsPIC30F4011 - UART with internal oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
It IS posible but may not be reliable as you found out. Although the dsPIC is designed to be as stable as possible, it will never match the accuracy or stability (temperature/voltage/age) of a crystal. It will also be far more critical of supply line noise and decoupling as any signals on the supply will tend to modulate the oscillator frequency.

Brian.

The data sheet for the dsPIC30F4011 is quite clear: the FRC delivers 7.37MHz (Table 24-13, Page 187, Parameter OS10 for the "FRC Internal"; also mentioned in Table 24-17, Page 190 where it talks about the conditions for the accuracy).
I do admit that Table 21-1 on page 152 does list the FRC as "8MHz Internal RC oscillator" but the lines underneath it all refer to the 7.37MHz FRC so I'm guessing it may be either a misprint or a "rounding" of the frequency (really bad if it is!).
Susan

The data sheet for the dsPIC30F4011 is quite clear: the FRC delivers 7.37MHz (Table 24-13, Page 187, Parameter OS10 for the "FRC Internal"; also mentioned in Table 24-17, Page 190 where it talks about the conditions for the accuracy).
I do admit that Table 21-1 on page 152 does list the FRC as "8MHz Internal RC oscillator" but the lines underneath it all refer to the 7.37MHz FRC so I'm guessing it may be either a misprint or a "rounding" of the frequency (really bad if it is!).
Susan

This is a very good point!

Anyway, I have learnt that using internal oscillator is a bad idea, so topic can be closed.

Try to use UART1... Maybe

UART2_Write_Text("Start");
UART2_Write(13);
UART2_Write(10);

Is not in the library FOR uart2. The same happens to me with the printf("Something")!!!

Try to use UART1... Maybe

UART2_Write_Text("Start");
UART2_Write(13);
UART2_Write(10);

Is not in the library FOR uart2. The same happens to me with the printf("Something")!!!

Sorry, but I already said that my code STARTED WORKING just after connecting the 16MHz crystal and setting the appropriate config bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.