Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shorted hole in SAP (Shorted Annular Patch) using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cridav.martin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can anyone please help me designing a microstrip patch antenna in HFSS.

I have troubles creating the shorted ring, how should i do so that the patch and the ground are shorted using a hole with a huge radius?

thank you

you should make a cylinder that is equl to the distance between the ground and patch in length.subtract the cylinder from the patch, ground and substrate. Then you should make an object from surface . In this way you will have a surface hollow cylinder. Use thicken sheet to add thickness to the metallic via.
Regards

what kind of boundary should I apply?, I´ve substracted the cylinder from all the layers, after that I selected the hollow cylinder with "select surface", after that "modeler->surface->create object from face", and finally I made that face with "Perfect E Boundary", is that correct? or should I give it another property so that it acts as a shorted hole like made it "pec "?

Captura.PNG

thank u so much

yes this is enough. you may also add thickness to the cylinder using thicken sheet

but, if i decided to add thickness, what material should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.