Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What must be seen in my program code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dann11

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How should I start my program? currently I just want to make a program code for a microcontroller terminal pin test. I am using XE161xL. I am new with programming, what should be written in my program?

Just start with any of their sample program. Flashing a LED is popular. Once you understand the anatomy of the program, you start fiddling with it with your idea. Once you get some confidence, try YOUR ideas.

I haven't use this controller. But many compilers support examples (simple in many cases) for various microcontroller families. Sometimes this is better, because you directly run a project and have some fun by changing the timing of a flashing LED etc. Just make sure to select the proper emulator from the project settings. If you are a begginer and try to start a project from the scratch, then you may find yourself struggling to find the proper settings of the compiler, in order to download and debug even the simplest code.

Status
Not open for further replies.