Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 phase spwm inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which microcontroller will you be using?

You will require 3 PWM channels and 3 phase shifted look up tables to create SPWM for a 3-Phase Inverter.

First thanks for reply
I use pic16f877a
when i generated single phase spwm there were 32 sample for sin table when i tried it for three phase each sin has 32 sample but the o/p showed that there were only 3 sample per sin

Is there any other method except editing the code ?
thanks in advance

Hello Mahmoud AbdElgleel
for three phase SPWM pic16f877a is not sufficent because of less efficent power module. you need very much hard work if you will use pic16f877

- - - Updated - - -

there are also many microcontroller which have 3 pwm module

Did you consider IR2130 or similar drivers? They are easily interfaced with microcontrollers.

Use the idea but write your own code. It is not trivial to debug code written by some one else.

Few suggestions:

1. No need to store 360 sine table. One quadrant is sufficient. Keep 15 values for 0-90 degree in the lookup table and use that value to generate the other 3 quadrants.

2. For 360 degrees you will have 60 values. The next phase will start at 20th position.

3. The third phase will begin from the 40th position.

4. All of them will loop through 0-60 continuously. You will need to keep a lots of variables as counters.

5. You are doing software PWM and you will be needing timing details.

Status
Not open for further replies.