Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is adaptive bias technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi can anyone kindly explain to me what is adaptive bias technique? Not adaptive body biasing but just normal adaptive bias technique without body effect?
I am reading this ieee paper "High-Linear Four-Quadrant Multiplier Based on MOS Weak-Inversion Region Translinear Principle with Adaptive Bias Technique"

Der and two circuit figs and one is conventional and other is proposed. In proposed they they have made a modification using adaptive bias techniquwe

123.png
This is conventional

12344.png
This is proposed.

It is an analog multiplier and the Iout = 2 ix*iy/Ib..
The conventional copies Ib bias current through current mirror. So whats the exact difference other that occurs while using adaptive bias technique??? Thank you!!! :)

If you're reading the paper and asking us, either the author isn't explaining it or you aren't getting it. I wouldn't hazard a guess on such sketchy information.

It's certainly worth thinking outside the box on biasing, though. I used a constant current technique for a bipolar transistor, and was able to eliminate the emitter resistor entirely. Gain increase was significant, with no madness.

The lower image looks like one way that common-mode feedback
in a fully differential amplifier is done. The "forward" path is set
to slightly-enough-less than balanced operating point, and the
"back" path comes from a common mode sensing amplifier (with
presumably enough filtering that it doesn't bug).

"Adaptive, to achieve what?" is probably the first question to
cut the problem-space down to manageable size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back