Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Power amplifier use out of band

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Every One!

I've got a question seems likes stupid but if someone want to answer please.

I've got a power amplifier working in the 2100-2170 Mhz band, what could happened if i use it in a very wide band 500Mhz -3Ghz ?

thanks !

Usually both gain and efficiency fall as you move out of the design band, sometimes drain current rises rapidly and the device can be damaged by the load mismatch.

There are ways to design broadband amplifiers, but you dont make those tradeoffs if you only need a narrowband design.

Regards, Dan.

reflected power from the load will be very high at out of band frequencies which will damage of PA.

Thanks guys for your answers!

i need to design an amplifier in the band 600 MHz-3000 Mhz with an output power of 36bBm ; where i can find paper about that please?

regards

steve cripps books will be a great reference if you new to PA design. IEEE papers will be helpful. you can google and find some free papers and resources as well. hope this is helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back