Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso: Value of Capacitances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MahmoudHassan

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
Dear All
I am working on designing Opamp in my course When I started to work with frequency response and I have three questions ( attached two photos one for DC operating and another for Model parameters)
1- The two lists give values for internal capacitances which one should I use?
2- In DC operating list there are capacitances for any MOSFET with negative value what does that mean?
3- for units "aF" does it mean Angstrom unit with 10^(-10) and fF for Femto Farad (10^-15) ??
Best Regards,

Selection_343.pngSelection_344.png

1- The two lists give values for internal capacitances which one should I use?
Depends on what for. If you need the total capacitance of a node, use those with double characters: cgg , css ... It's always meant as capacitance against the "0" node, mostly GND .

2- In DC operating list there are capacitances for any MOSFET with negative value what does that mean?
I guess victoriya's answer is the best I've seen.

3- for units "aF" does it mean Angstrom unit with 10^(-10) and fF for Femto Farad (10^-15) ??
The "a" means "atto", which is 10-18, whereas 1 ångström means 10-10 m = 10-4 µm , it is only used as a length unit. femto is correct: f = 10-15 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back