Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular patch, Array 8 by 1, 28Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalkhan89

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have designed circular patch antenna (single element). I have to create an array of 8 by 1 (Linear array). But i am not sure how to create a corporate feed network for my antenna. Please Help. thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Moreover, Normally there is a 50 ohm feed to the Patch, but i have seen that in corporate feed the input impedance to the patch is 100 ohm. Like one in the attached figure 42_1274771571.jpg

Hi,
It depends where you put the inset feeder. Near the edge of the patch the impedance is high. For square patch about 100 ohms. Once you know your impedance, you use lambda/4 transformers. It's very easy ...
Bye.

Hm.... so if i am using a 100 ohm insert the feed location will change accordingly! :) Thanx

Yes. In fact on you picture the inset feet is too near of the center patch that i doubt that the patch's impedance is 100 ohms. The nearer of the centre the inset feed is , the smaller is the impedance.
Moreover, don't forget that in parallel two impedances of the same value give a one half impedance.
bye.

Thank You. Let me complete my design. If the problem persist, I'll send the model.

Can you guide me what i did wrong in corporate feed. w50,w70 and w100 are 50,70 and 100 ohm Tx lines respectively. Its for 28GHz (wavelength=10.7mm). Separation between patches is lambda/2 (5.35mm). All 70 ohm lines are lambda/4 (2.675mm). substrate height is 0.7mm and Er=6

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    34.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    31.5 KB · Views: 94

Yes. In fact on you picture the inset feet is too near of the center patch that i doubt that the patch's impedance is 100 ohms. The nearer of the centre the inset feed is , the smaller is the impedance.
Moreover, don't forget that in parallel two impedances of the same value give a one half impedance.
bye.
This is my design

Attachments

• Ansoft.zip
    52.5 MB · Views: 142

Well,
As i see, you make a mistake : you have a 50 Ohms line which is split into two lines of 70.7 ohms. However 70.7 // 70.7 = 35.35 Ohms. So it's not matched. Furthermore, do you know the impedance of your patch ? Have you compute it ? Or calculate it ? Are you sure that this impedance is 100 Ohms ?
Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back