Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose & bring up infotainment board and how to develop application with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu.kurapati

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to choose & bring up infotainment board and how to develop application with it

Hi,
I want to develop the car infotainment box, which might have simple features like audio, video, GPS & Bluetooth etc............

For this i have some doubts:
1) How can i choose the appropriate hardware, any evaluation boards are available?

2) How can i bring up that board, any process is available for it. if is available please mention it?

3) How can i get the libraries for audio, video & GPS etc.., any specific libraries are available?

4) where can i get the specific libraries & how to build it on that infotainment board?

5) And finally how to develop the HMI for the audio, video, GPS etc...

Can any one please help me to start up..........

Re: How to choose & bring up infotainment board and how to develop application with i

I am making a infotainment box using these.

https://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia/plus/pic32mx7/

https://www.mikroe.com/mikromedia/plus/stm32/

GSM3 Click
Nano GPS Click
Fingerprint Click

It has features like, MP3 Player, Accident Notifier, Engine On/OFF control through Biometrics (Fingerprint).

If there is a crash it detects it using impact sensor and then turns OFF the engine and sends Date, Time and GPS location of crash to mobile numbers stored in onboard microSD Card. I still have to implement video player. Don't know whether it is possible or not. It has onboard Mp3 player, just have to send the audio data to it after reading from microSD Card.

Re: How to choose & bring up infotainment board and how to develop application with i

Hi,
From the suggestions & features selected the hardware like imx6 series processor,
and going to use genivi yocto project on it.

How to build the image of the genivi project on this board, what is the process to
bring up the genivi platfrom.

Can any one please give more info about it........

Status
Not open for further replies.