Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM808 Not Receiving GPS Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaugab

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there!

I am using SIM808 GSM/GPRS+GPS(GNSS) module (Version 2). The functionality of GSM is working fine. But there is problem with GNSS (GPS).

When it is powered on with command "AT+CGNSPWR=1", then putting command after a while "AT+CGNSINF" it does not give proper co-ordinates, but gives null spaces. Also it gives year, date, time that is default stored GNSS Data not Receiving.png(19800106000000.000). Please refer attached image.

Also tried MTK commands through "AT+CGNSCMD". Still not getting location.

I am using GPS antenna of 1575MHz (L1) band.

If any one has worked on this module, help will be really appreciated to solve the issue.

Thank you...:clap:

This is what you get as long the GPS is not yet locked. Maybe you have bad reception indoors, maybe your antenna cable is broken, maybe you have an active antenna, but supply is off, maybe......
You can get further data for satelltes in view and use, SNR, and other GPS status with plain GPS commands. Try
AT+CGNSPWR=1;+CGNSCMD=0,"$PMTK314,8,8,8,8,8,8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0*28";+CGNSTST=1;
Google for PMTK314 for the meaning of the various NMEA sentences you get returned.

Hello kaugab,

have you got a solution ?, I have the same problem

first give reset mode command to modem . like cold mode,hot mode.

if still not getting location .
you have to give power supply to your antenna . short vbat pin with vant pin .

I have the same problem. Is it necessary to have a GPS antenna hooked to the module? (Because GSM can do without it)

Hello i have a similar problem,

we are developing a gps tracker, we are using a sim808 in AND tecnology Breakout (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...board-SIM808-Breakout/605000_32435711738.html), but we have a problem, when we are using AT+CGNSTST=1 or AT+CGNSINF=1, sometimes the time and coordenates and the other parameters are frozen.

In this video (screen capture) you can see the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZ3ynf2kgM

the video have not stopped, only i put comments

command test:

AT+CGNSPWR=1
AT+CGNSTST=1

PD: AND and SIMCOM cant give a explanation now

Status
Not open for further replies.