Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Brief History of Science: Through the Development of Scientific Instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wish recommend a cheap pocket book, very interesting that I bought to prepare myself for a long flight of almost 10 hours over the Atlantic Ocean, and I got surprised by the level of depth addressed. It's a real treasure, worthy of some prize:

https://www.amazon.com/Brief-History-Science-Thomas-Crump/dp/B0091MF1GQ

Although being technically labored in the exposition of the subjects, could also be seen as an historian work, showing how comprehension of all was deeply connected in time, the outcome of a sequenced process of revealing, each one having the preceding as a basis for further advance.

As straightly mentioned in the preface, it was the result of many years of hard work of the author researching for details about the significant episodes and contemporary circumstances surrounding the discoveries. I would even dare to say that it is a mandatory guide for future civilizations restart step-by-step making without tools our puzzling apparatus for detection and measurement of the invisible phenom in the field of chemistry and physics. A real lesson in how discoveries were made from scratch of almost all the known sciences of the human kind, from the stone age up to modern researches, showing the strategy and insights of brightly minds, persevering in their investigations in each knowledge area.

Really amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back