Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] long length poly for long transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi the transistor length that i am using is 6u. So my layout is something like this
Utntitled.png

Since the poly gate size is not big enough to place the contact as seen on the second transistor i need to use additional poly attached along the length of the poly gate. I learnt that using poly increases resistance and it is not advisable to use much of it. So should i layout poly along the whole side of the transistor length like for 1st transistor or just a small poly like the second one?? Either wat i am guess both would end up making a connection to the transistor gate. Any suggestions pls!!! Thank you!!! :)

You are not supposed to use great lengths of poly (without
at least modeling the effects, by pushing the calculated
parasitic resistance back to the schematic by hand or by
backannotation).

But here, the "more poly" is width, not length and would
slightly improve the access resistance.

The difference in a silicided-gate technology is liable to be
trivial to anyone but an RF designer and this FET is unlikely
to be RF-useful.

... should i layout poly along the whole side of the transistor length like for 1st transistor or just a small poly like the second one?

It doesn't harm to use 4 poly connections (1st transistor).
BTW: I think the poly contact between active area and poly edge (2nd transistor, top) isn't allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back