Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ARM] Need help for LPC2148

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am very new to LPC2148. And I want to do simple LED blink example program in the beginning . I have written code but I do not know how to dump hex file. Is it done using UART ????
Can any one tell the procedure to dump hex file.

I am using keil uVision4 and flash magic.

Thank you,
Ragi

What development board are you using? Development board comes with inbuilt bootloader. Basically two types of bootloader is there ,USB and UART. If your board is programmed with UART bootloader you can use flash magic for uploading the hex file. The procedure for doing this should be mentioned on the user manual of your board. Please read the user manual of your board

I am using ARM7 Eval kit, Model No: TSWA7EK.

Yes Development board has inbuilt bootloader. I have created hex file using flash magic. But the problem comes when dumping hex file into the chip. It gives error like "Operation Failed. Failed to autobaud - step 1."
I am stuck here.

Last edited:

Hello Ragi

There are several things need to be taken care while programming LPC2148 over USB to Serial Converter using Flash Magic Tool. There are plenty of different board manufacturer and every board/kit maker keep some setting which he feel comfortable to work with. In Embedded system every engineer has his own technique to optimize/overcome Issue. Anyways If I write here how to fix problem such as auobaud rate issue with Flash Magic while uploading .HEX file. it will take several hours to me rather I will share with some cool links. These post also have plenty of YouTube video.

List of Tutorials: https://www.binaryupdates.com/lpc2148-arm7-tutorials/

YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4pptAPY2kIcrhEzCeG4anEgr5CN1SOz-

I wish you good luck and if you still have question feel free to ask help

Happy Programming and have a Fun

CHeers

Status
Not open for further replies.