Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How firmware for Digital Satellite Receiver is written?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etf

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. First of all, If I posted question in wrong section, please move it where it belongs. My hobby is satellite technology. I used few Digital Satellite receivers brand till now. Right now, I use Amiko Mini Combo digital satellite receiver. My question is, what should one need to know in order to write firmware for this receiver? And not only for this rec., but in general, how firmware is writen, which programming language is used, ... ?
I'm familiar with programming in C and C++. I'm not expert but I have some basic understanding. I would appreciate any help. Some book suggestion is welcome :)
Best regards!

Hi elf,

I think it is very difficult to answer without knowing what kind of chipsets are used in these receiver. Typically embedded programming is done in C and advance processor it is in C++. More over one need to understand the functional aspect like sampling , packet structure of data and access control methods for satellite communication. So better to refer some test book on satellite communication to get the rough idea how communication work. Modern day communication is very advance you need to really refer lot of thing to be explored for getting this thing working.

Good Luck.

Milind

Reactions: etf

etf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello milind.a.kulkarni, thanks for reply.
It uses ALi 3612 chip. Do you have maybe some book suggestion about this?
Best regards

Reactions: erioli

erioli

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back