Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic gate puzzle or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunTian

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, im trying to do this thing and its hard

i basically want to have 4 seperate pulsetrains to trigger 4 seperate transistors.

so i generate a clock

and divide frequency so something like this ---

https://sub.allaboutcircuits.com/images/14053.png

feed those signals into logic gate network????

and arrive at having 4 pulse trains with say 4 periods

Period.......... 1 2 3 4
Pulsetrain 1 - 1 0 0 0
Pulsetrain 2 - 0 1 0 0
Pulsetrain 3 - 0 0 1 0
Pulsetrain 4 - 0 0 0 1

so my 4 seperate pulse signals are locked in sequence by my input clock

maybe something similar is done and its even a thing with a name (hopefully )

i can think of a way doing this with a rotator and optics

im only guessing this can be done with digital logic and i would appreciate anyones thoughts on this

A simple shift register can do the job. Made from 4 'D' flip-flops.

This shows the bare concept. You may need to finagle with it so it starts up in the correct state. (I say this because the simulation is quirky and needs similar finagling.)

If you want an all-in-one device to do the job, look at the 4017 IC. It's a divide by 10 counter. It can be wired to reset after a lesser number, so that it recycles indefinitely.

I was thinking of a suitable finagle. If you connect three reset inputs and one set input to a common resistor (100 ohms?) to earth. Then pulsing this line high would get your D types in a suitable state. So you now need some thing that delivers a single pulse when the Vcc is applied. Depending on the rise time of the Vcc, a capacitor might do it.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back