Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mplabx harmony vs stm32cube ( PIC32 cs stm32)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro nS

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MPLAB X Harmony vs STM32CUBE ( PIC32 vs stm32 development software)

hi everyone

after some comparision of chips i have found that both stm32f4 and pic32mz are similar products interms of performance and both support my current and future needs.

The question is now a matter of software development time and ruggedness .

I have tried stm32f4cube and cubemx code configurator and it is a great software , the initailization takes a small time and contains all a lot of settings to easily use the micro without reading the whole datasheet. the HAL libraries are not very clear , espically the documentation and the they are bloated (not very effecient). but you could develop, organize , and modify a code really fast.

I love microchip products i have worked with pic16 ,pic18 and pic24f before , but using the peripheral libraies and my own libraies use register access (because some libraies are broken and baddly documented), very effcient but takes ages to develop code and you have to litrally digest the datasheet.
Reading about the Harmony software developed for PIC32 seems similar ( very much ) to stm32cubemx and framework similar to HAL libraries , I DONOT KNOW what to expect interms of reliability , ease of use , DEGUGGING capabilities , current state(bugs updates supprt community) ? :bang::bang:

please give me your opionion of any of those (espically if you have experience) and which would you prefer for industial software development not hobby use.

thank you for reading this LONG post :clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.