Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guess my algorithm (fft algorithm or sth else)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamid.abbaszadeh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys
i have a black box that its output is like fft algorithm.but im absolutly confused because it use a 8bit pic microcontroller(pic18f252)with this specifications:
sampling pulse is 1Mhz
numbers of data is 256
as i think for this fft u need to a fast micro for lossless data.?????
i think it doesnt lose data because it can detect low altitude voltage between noise.

if its not fft so whats that?if is how its possible?
"thanks in advance"

i know fft specification but i want to know that its posibble with this 8bit micro with this speed or not?

Under circumstances, a PIC18 can receive a block of 8-Bit data with 1 MS/s, but you should specify the interface. Surely it can't perform the FFT in real time, but that isn't claimed in the specification, I think.

hi fvm
i read its datasheet and know it has a hardware multiplier .now can it perform the FFT in real time?or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.